Fall Shopping List

I love fall fashion - the boots, the textures, the layers, and the rich colors make it so much fun to get dressed in the morning.  I consider myself a tactile person because texture plays a large role in my purchases, and I get all excited about layering on soft sweaters, leather, and scarves!  Fall 2012 trends include:  animal prints, ankle boots, cap-toed pumps, coated denim, colorblocking, fur, graphics/digital prints, jewel tones, leather, menswear-inspired pieces, metallics, military, navy, oxblood/burgundy, pencil skirts, printed trousers, and more.  I know that I can't embrace every trend for fall, but I put together a shopping list of on-trend items that I want to add to my wardrobe this season.

 1)  Cap-Toe Pumps
We girls do not need an excuse to add another pair of shoes to our closest, do we?  The black/gold combo is all over stores this season, and I love the black/pewter combo for something less common.  The sub-$100 price points on these two make them even more compelling!


Left:  Kelsi Dagger "Charley" pump, $78.95 at Nordstrom here
Right:  Chinese Laundry "Danger Zone," $89 at Piperlime here

2) Leather
I have been hesitant to try leather pants or skirts - I never think that I can pull it off without looking like a lost character from "Grease," or I worry about repeating the classic Ross-stuck-in-the-bathroom-in-leather-pants scene from "Friends."  I do love these mixed media pieces below with just the right amount of leather and stretch to ease both of my fears about leather.


Left:  Halogen Mixed Media Shell in navy peacoat/black, $59 at Nordstrom here
Right:  Faux Leather & Knit Pencil Skirt, $69.90 at the Limited (use code SHOP40 for 40% off!) here

3)  Coated Denim
Coated denim is a great alternative to leather pants, and less damaging to the bank account.  I am lusting after these J Brands with the front ankle slit, and the Hudsons are less expensive and equally fierce.  Both of these sleek pairs can easily transition from day to night.


Left:  J Brand "Vera" in coated stealth, $216 at J Brand here 
Right: Hudson "Krista" in black wax, $189 at Nordstrom here

4)  Navy
I feel like the right shade of navy appears every five years or so, and this season it is back.  I already purchased both of these pieces below, and they will be wardrobe staples that replace existing, worn out pieces in my closet.  I may pick up another sweater or cardigan as well, to tide me over until navy comes back again.


ModCloth "Chain-ging Tides" necklace, $24.99 here
Merino Blend V-Neck Sweater in navy, $39.90 at the Limited (use code SHOP40 for 40% off!) here

5)  Printed Pants
I am working my way into printed pants with something subtle, and might find the courage next spring to transition to a louder print.  I picked up the pair on the right at the Limited, and the print is actually a lot cooler than the picture shows.  I can see myself wearing either of these printed pants with mustard, bright blue, or cranberry sweaters this fall as a great alternative to a basic solid black work trouser.

Left:  Zoe Ankle Pants in Dalmatian Print, $64.99 at Loft (Today an extra 40% off, no coupon needed) here
Right: Drew Tab-Waist Cuffed Ankle Pants in black, $54.90 at the Limited (use code SHOP40 for 40% off!) here

I hope these pieces give you ideas for refreshing your wardrobe this fall!  Thanks for reading.  =)

Comments

  1. I'm loving all your picks, especially that second pair of cap-toe pumps. Bring on the Fall weather!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts