Autumn Print Scarf







  Scarf:  Uniqlo Orla Kiely Apple & Pear Print Scarf, no longer available
 Jacket:  JCrew (old), similar "Epaulet Utility Jacket" at Forever 21 (only $34.80!) here
Ruched Top:  Anthropologie (old), very similar "Ruche of the Matter Top" at ModCloth here
Skinny Cargo Pants:  JBrand "Houlihan" in olive, newer JBrand "The Brix" slim leg pant in vintage evergreen at Nordstrom here
Shoes:  J Crew "Factory Suede Lace-Up Wedge Boots" here
Watch:  Michael Kors, Bracelets: Cartier & Banana Republic Outlet, Necklace:  Banana Republic Outlet, Ring: H&M

I found this lovely Orla Kiely designed apple and pear print scarf at Uniqlo during a trip to NYC this May, and have been (im)patiently waiting for the cool, fall weather to arrive so that I can wear it.  I love the fruit print, it is perfect for apple and pear picking season!  The earth tones will match just about anything, but I chose to create an entire outfit with this neutral palette for work today.   I am also loving my JCrew suede wedge boots, they are just so comfortable.  The jacket, pants, and boots together makes me think of Indiana Jones...I'm just missing the hat and treasure-seeking adventures!

 Since my scarf is no longer available, I picked out some beautiful autumn print scarves that would be a great addition to any fall wardrobe:
"What a Daydream" Scarf in Horses (coming soon), $21.99 at Modcloth here
It has horses on it - I'm sold on that alone.  I do like that the print is small enough that you can't tell they are horses until you get up close.  I would wear this with my favorite worn leather jacket, skinny jeans, and riding boots to complete the look.


Tasha "Bundle of Belts" Scarf in brown/orange/fuschia (2 additional colors), $34 at Nordstrom here 
The print on this scarf is subtle, but I am most in love with the color scheme.  Ever since Victoria Beckham showed up at FNO this year in that fabulous tangerine dress, I have been contemplating how to add orange into my fall wardrobe.  I would pair this with a neutral blouse and my timeless khaki Burberry trench for a sophisticated look I think Victoria or any cool British girl would approve of.


Tarnish "Stripe Infinity" Scarf in black/gold (2 additional colors), $38 at Nordstrom here
I had a hard time deciding which color I liked the best - the navy/orange was a close second.  I like the mixed print going on here with the stripes and art deco type flowers.  I would wear this scarf with my mustard/gold miniskirt and a simple black sweater to add an extra pop of color and pull the outfit together.

I hope this post inspires you to add an autumn print scarf (or several!) to your fall wardrobe.  Scarves are a fairly inexpensive way to freshen up your look and keep you cozy as the temperatures start dropping.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I love scarves! What a lovely outfit and great post.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shannon! I really appreciate your kind post!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to pull out my whole collection of scarves! I have so many!! Bring on the cold weather. lol

    xo - Sheila

    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your fall scarves in your upcoming blog posts, Sheila! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts