The Checked Blazer with Elbow Patches

<data:blog.pageTitle />
 





 Jacket: "Checked Blazer with Elbow Patches," $99.90 at Zara here
Blouse: BCBG (old), I love this Sparkle & Fade "Constellation Shirt," $59 at Urban Outfitters here
Denim: Joe's "Skinny Visionaire" in lainey, some sizes still available at Amazon, $101.14 here
or similar Joe's "Skinny Provacateur" in lainey, $167 at Amazon here
Loafers: Banana Republic "Mya Penny Pump" in dark amber, $128 at Banana Republic here 
Belt: J Crew (old), similar "Skinny Leather Belt" in cognac, $20.93 (on sale!) at Express here
Watch:  Marc by Marc Jacobs "Blade" Crystal Index watch in silver/gunmetal, $275 at Nordstrom here or $275 at Piperlime here

I could not resist this gorgeous checked blazer with burgundy elbow patches while shopping at Zara during my recent vacation.  Zara is one of the stores that we still don't have in Seattle, and I am impatiently waiting to hear the good news that one will open somewhere downtown.  Until then, anytime I am in a city with a Zara (in this case, South Beach), I have to stop in to browse and I inevitably find something I can't leave without.  The soft burgundy velvet elbow patches and the printed collar were what sold me on this blazer - I really love the little details!  I am also loving my new Banana Republic "Mya" pumps, scored for 40% off plus I used a $20 reward coupon to bring them down from $128 to a very reasonable $63.

Check out my save and splurge picks for elbow patch blazers below:


Left: Save on the Tommy Hilfiger Long-Sleeve Herringbone Blazer in fence white multi, $69.99 (on sale!) at Macy's here
Middle:  Save on the Kensie "Women's Ponte Blazer" in heather charcoal, $88 at Amazon here
Right: Save on the "Herringbone Riding Jacket" in black/white, $94.50 (extra 50% off!) at Last Call by Nieman Marcus, XS-L available here


Left: Splurge on the "Hacking Jacket in Wool Check" in coffee cream, $199.99 (on sale!) at J Crew here
Middle:  Splurge on the Cut 25 "Melange Suiting Combo Blazer" in cement (leather patches!), $346.99 (on sale!) at Piperlime here
Right: Splurge on the Smythe "Plaid Blazer" in black plaid (love the red!), $695 at Nieman Marcus here

Has anyone tried adding their own elbow patches to a blazer before?  I have seen a couple of DIY videos out there, but I don't own a sewing machine at the moment.  Might be something to look into though, to revitalize an old blazer!

I hope you are having a wonderful week so far, and thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Oooh I LOVE this look!! Sexy and sophisticated ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take one of each please. Seriously, that blazer and shoes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I miss Zara! I used to live very close to one in L.A. and could have singlehandedly kept them in business. I love the blazer, you'll have that forever, I find their quality to be very good for the price point. Your shoes are darling too, Amber! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts