Bold Statement Necklace

Hello and happy Tuesday - I'm back for the moment!  I enjoyed a wonderful long weekend in NYC with my grandmother and sister (a much needed break), but am going to be on the move again next week.  I have been busy prepping for a two week work trip to Hong Kong and Shanghai to lead systems training for my counterparts in our Asia markets.  I really enjoy these type of projects, but there are tradeoffs.  I work longer hours and have less time for this blog, but the exciting travel opportunities make it worthwhile!  I will post NYC pics soon, as well as post from Asia as often as possible.

Today's outfit focuses on a bold jeweled statement necklace from T+J Designs.  If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen me post a couple of shots of this necklace already.  I love how a bright and pretty statement necklace can really dress up a simple outfit like my striped tank and skirt!  Quite a few pieces, including the particular necklace that I'm wearing, are currently on sale - a great reason to go check out the selection here.  I also love any chance to wear my Chinese Laundry cobalt blue suede pumps, and the fact that they match the necklace is a win-win situation.  =)





Top: "Mixed Stripe Tank" in mythic blue (available in petite and tall, mine is a petite XS), $45 at Banana Republic here
Skirt:  "Circle Skirt" in black (available in petite and tall, mine is a petite 00), $79.50 at Banana Republic here
Necklace: "Luxe Rope & Blue Gem Necklace" (also available in fuschia and green), $24 (on sale!) at T&J Designs here
Belt: Forever 21 (old), similar Jessica Simpson "1" Suede Panel Belt" in blue ink, $16.99 (on sale!) at 6pm here
Pumps: Chinese Laundry "Area" pumps in blue cobalt blue suede, $55.99 (on sale!) at Zappos  here
Watch: Michael Kors (old), but I'm loving the Marc by Marc Jacobs "Baby Dave" in gold, $250 at Macys here
Bracelets & Ring: Banana Republic Factory + boutiques

A bold statement necklace is a fantastic way to add bright color to a basic outfit like my tank and skirt combo.  You can match colors, like I did here with my pumps and belt, or choose a contrasting color to really make your necklace stand out.  Check out my save and splurge picks on statement necklaces below that are perfect for summer:

 
 Left: Save on the Pim + Larkin "Blue Green Cabochon Necklace here
Middle: Material Girl "Gold-Tone Stone Statement Necklace" (love the yellow!), $18 at Macys here
Right: Save on the "Crystal Neon Dot Necklace" (available in neon yellow, mint, and neon pink), $26 at T&J Designs here 


Left: Splurge on the Guinevere "First Ray Necklace" in multi, $78 at Nordstrom here
Middle: Splurge on the Kate Spade New York "Pinata Park Statement Necklace" in flo multi (also available in black/cream multi), $148 at Piperlime here
Right: Splurge on the Madewell "Stacked Statement Necklace" in linen, $85 at Shopbop here

How would you style a bold statement necklace?  Thank you so much for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts