Skort Revival

I remember wearing skorts back in elementary school in the 90's, and at the time it was fantastic for my younger tomboy self because I could run around and play sports at recess without accidentally flashing everyone my undies.  This year, this skirt/shorts hybrid is back with popular styles like the Zara "Mini Skort" being a huge hit with fashion bloggers.  I was browsing through racks at Uniqlo in NYC in May when I came across this longer skort on clearance for $9.90!  The color is perfect to match my Marais espradrilles, it has a defined waist, and it's long enough that I can wear to work.  Uniqlo still has some sizes online at the clearance price, so definitely check out the link below if you like the style.  I have been wearing this outfit non-stop lately, because pairing a skort with a fitted tee, espadrilles, and a satchel is perfect for casual Friday at work, a patio happy hour, or pretty much any summer outing.





Skort: "Women Dip g.m.b.p. Shorts" in blue, $9.90 (on sale!) at Uniqlo here
Tee: Zara (old), similar "Multi-Stripe Tee" in cream/navy, $8.80 at Forever 21 here 
Espadrilles: "Sailor Wedge" in cobalt, $87.50 (on sale!) at Marais USA here
Bag: Dooney & Bourke "Happy Bag" (old), similar "Mini Pocket Crossbody" in khaki, $148 at Dooney & Bourke here
Watch: Michael Kors (old), check out the Marc by Marc Jacobs "Baby Dave" in gold, $250 at Zappos Couture here
Bracelet: Courtesy of Misty at Balancing a Hectic World
Ring: old, check out the "Anchor Your Style Ring," $9.99 at Modcloth here

If you are feeling nostalgic, check out my skort picks below:


Left: BCBGeneration "Broken Pleat Skort" in flamingo, $67.99 (on sale!) at Zappos here
Middle: Aryn K "Polka Dot Skort" in navy, $49.99 (on sale, extra 20% off with code "EVERYONE" through Tuesday 7/23) at Piperlime here
Right: Free People "Scarf Printed Skort" in tangerine combo, $39 (on sale!) at 6pm.com here

Would you wear a skort?  If so, how would you style it?  Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts