Style Remix: White Peplum & Mint

It's Tuesday, everyone!  Last week someone told me that the only good thing about Tuesday was that it wasn't Monday, and I couldn't stop laughing.  It's so true!  Last week I was in Minneapolis for a few days visiting one of my suppliers, and if you follow me on Instagram you saw a photogrid of my wonderful dinner on Thursday evening at the Bachelor Farmer.  I just loved the food and the atmosphere, and it seemed like a restaurant that would fit well in the Seattle food scene.  Stay tuned for a foodie review later this week with pictures.  I also had the pleasure of dining at the Herb Farm in Woodinville on Sunday with my boyfriend and two dear friends, which is Washington's five diamond-rated gem of a restaurant (Michelin doesn't rate in Seattle just yet).  Lots of delicious food postings coming soon!

Today's outfit is a simple, fresh look with white and mint that I wore to the office yesterday.  The sleeveless white peplum top kept me nice and cool as I ran up and down flights of stairs to my different meetings, while the cap-toe heels helped keep the outfit from looking too casual.  My third-day hair had just the right amount of texture to make this little mini bump and keep my hair out of my face, which is just perfect during these hot summer days.  =)




Peplum Top: Purchased in Hong Kong
Mint Denim Crops: Banana Republic (no longer available), similar Mavi Jeans "Serena Low-Rise Super Skinny" in mint, $49.99 (49% off!) at 6pm.com here
Pumps: Chinese Laundry "Danger Zone" in white, $30.20 (on sale!) at Amazon here 
Clutch: Chanel, check out the budget-friendly "Quilted Metal Corner Across Body Bag" in white, $18 at ASOS here
Watch: Chanel J12, check out the look-alike at a fraction of the cost "Elena Women's Ceramic Watch" in white, $300 at Forzieri Firenze here
Necklace: Nadri "Boxed Initial Pendant Necklace" (Nordstrom Exclusive) "A" in silver/clear, $48 at Nordstrom here 

A white peplum top is a versatile piece that transition from season to season.  You can style a white peplum top with lighter colors such as mint and yellow for summer, then move to darker coordinating colors for fall and winter.  For example, this fall I will swap the mint crops for my black and white printed pants!  Check out my picks for white peplum tops below:



Left: "Petite Asymmetric Peplum Top" in winter white (also available in regular blue martini and guava), $59.99 (on sale!) at Ann Taylor here
Middle:  "Essential Pleated Peplum Top" in white (also available in navy), $15.80 at Forever 21 here
Right: Pim + Larkin "Hampton Lace Peplum" in white, $59 at Piperlime here 

 How would you transition a white peplum top from summer to fall?  Thanks so much for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts